2019-2020 BTHS Parking Permits
(Please read all information carefully before starting your transaction)
2019-20 Student Parking Rules and Regulations
The following guidelines exist to help ensure the safest and most efficient use of our limited parking facilities. This is not an all-inclusive list; the administration reserves the right to revoke a student’s parking decal for disciplinary reasons. Parking privileges are reviewed at the end of each grading period.
Driving to school is a privilege, not a right. (Buses are available for all students.)
- Must be a junior or senior with a valid Florida operator’s drivers license issued before October 2019. COST $100.00
- Register online at www-bths.stjohns.k12.fl.us, clickon “Parking” follow “SchoolPay” prompts. Rising Seniors register first: (Starting Feb.11th). Rising Juniors register second: (Starting Feb.25th at 7:00 p.m.) *All receipts are dated. If a Junior registers before February 25th at 7:00 p.m. your application will not be accepted and you will not receive a refund. The company we use is in central time so if your receipt shows 6:00 p.m. this is OK! Do not purchase a second parking pass. Parking is limited, the website will not accept registrations once we reach capacity. (PLEASE DO THIS AS SOON AS YOU ARE ALLOWED TO ….WE WILL SELL OUT QUICKLY!!!)
- Print your receipt. Use the School Pay PRINT button at the end of transaction. It is an ORANGE BUTTON in the upper right hand corner. Your receipt should contain the following information: (Name, grade in 2019-20, parents name, vehicle, color, plate number, driver license number, insurance company, policy number and “yes” I have read the rules and regulations form, etc.) It will also have your order number, date, time and transaction total.
- Turn in the completed Parking Form that you received in English class and your receipt during your lunch in the main cafeteria on the designated dates below. These forms are also available in the Guidance and Attendance Offices. Seniors: February 25th-March 1st Juniors: March 4th-8th
- Your hanging tag will be handed out during lunch the first week in May. (This hanging tag is only valid during the 2019-2020 school year). Lists of names and parking spots will be posted all around campus so you can locate your newly assigned spot.
- If in an emergency, you must drive a different vehicle, please display your parking decal in the new vehicle and notify Mr. Peaver.
- The parking decal for all paved parking spaces will have a number on it that coincides with your parking space number. Display it from your rearview mirror with the number facing out at all times. All other lots will have the lot number displayed and you can park in any available space within that lot.
- If someone is parked in your space, do not park in someone else’s space. Park on the grass near the front circle (next to the mailbox) and sign the red book located at the attendance desk explaining your situation.
- Any vehicle that does not have a current BTHS parking decal or is parked in the wrong space will be subject to being immobilized (a parking boot will be placed on the tire), If your vehicle is immobilized, the cost to have the boot removed is $25 and will result in loss of driving privileges for the following nine weeks. BTHS is not responsible for any inconvenience resulting from obtaining the payment for fines or for removal of the boot.
10.There are no temporary parking passes (e.g., “I missed the bus,” “I have a doctor’s appointment”, etc.) The term “emergency” will not be accepted as an excuse.
11.Students are responsible for their vehicle and its contents. All vehicles are subject to search.
12. The parking areas are off limits to all students during the day. If you are in the parking lot for any reason (getting books, getting your lunch, bringing something out to your car, etc.), your car will be searched, and you will lose your parking decal for nine weeks.
13. Any student observed passing illegally, driving on the grass, bypassing traffic cones, not yielding to the buses or any other type of careless driving will lose their parking decal.
14.If you obtain a new vehicle or a new license plate, you must report the change immediately so that your record can be updated. (See Mr. Peaver)
15. The following is a list of infractions/consequence: (not all inclusive)
*Any sophomore caught parking on campus during the school day will lose their right to park on campus during their entire junior year
*Possessing a fake hanging tag
*Failure to pay any parking ticket or fine within 5 days of receiving it *Leaving campus without permission
*Speeding or reckless driving. Leaving the scene of an accident *All Level 4 offenses
*Selling/giving/or buying/receiving hanging tag
*15 days of unexcused absence
*Driving someone who is skipping off campus
*Skipping your 1st period one time or 5 tardies to your first period
1st infraction will result in revocation of driving privilege for 10 school days 2nd infraction = 45 school days 3rd infraction = remainder of year Thank you for your cooperation in making BTHS a safer place for all our students.
School Pay Link for Parking
School Pay link will OPEN…
February 11th @ 7pm for RISING SENIORS
February 25th @ 7pm for RISING JUNIORS