Bartram Trail High School
AVID College Prep Program
(Advancement Via Individual Determination)
AVID is a college-preparatory program designed to increase school wide learning and performance. The primary goal of the AVID program is to provide current academic success and develop future college-readiness skills for participants. Other goals include promoting and offering support in rigorous classes (i.e., Honors/AP), school activities, leadership, and citizenship.
- AVID is an acronym for Advancement Via Individual Determination. The program is designed to help students succeed and prepare for college.
- AVID impacts more than 700,000 students in more than 4,900 schools and 28 postsecondary institutions in 46 states, the District of Columbia and across 16 other countries/territories.
- AVID is a nationwide program that places students in advanced classes with a rigorous curriculum.
- The program supports students who have a strong desire to improve or maintain high-level comprehension and application skills needed to prepare for the rigors of college.
- The curriculum is designed to encourage organization, time management, good study habits and college style note-taking.
- By developing these skills, AVID students have a smoother transition into college and perform at a higher level (in both high school and college).
- Each year during high school, students take the AVID Elective course by grade level.
- Students also take rigorous core courses with AVID trained teachers.
- All students will participate in college/university field trips and fun academic activities.
Contact Information: Mrs. Thompson, Email [email protected]
How to Apply to AVID: Click the link provided – BTHS AVID APPLICATION